Our warehouse today........ In the run up to World War II the Brough factory of Blackburn Aircraft was rapidly expanding. One of the new buildings constructed in 1939 was our warehouse from which we operate from today. It was used as a large operations hanger. Among the first uses of the new building was to accommodate the flying training school of the Blackburn B2 and later the De Havilland Tiger Moths.
After the war Blackburn re-started civilian operations and the hanger accommodated a variety of types including two surviving B2 aircraft. Whilst too big to be accommodated in the hanger, the mighty Blackburn Beverley freighter was also operated from the hanger during the 1950's until commercial operations were abandoned due to the constructions of the 600 ft smelter chimney at the near by Capper Pass.
Over the years the hanger has been used for many things from civilian operations to final assembly with many historic aircraft been designed, built or modified on site.
After a few years of being unused Dutch Imports & Daughters purchased the site in 2015 and we eventually moved into our new home in the summer of 2016 after extensive renovation work.
Please see below some pictures from down the years with credits to Peter Hotham of the heritage archive at BAE.